If you are planning to study management or marketing as a specialty then choosing the right business school becomes very important. Your choice of business school will play an integral role in your career growth, opportunities, and future. The question is how can you find the top schools? When choosing a schools, there are quite a few aspects that should be considered. Here are some of the important aspects:
The Degree: The degree offered different from one business school to another. There are several options available today like 2 year MBA programs or part-time MBA programs, executive MBA programs and much more. Top MBA schools will normally offer the highest level of education and a variety of MBA programs to choose from.
The Cost: Fees can be quite expensive and the top schools charge quite a hefty amount. The good thing though is that most top MBA schools also have scholarship programs that will take care of an important part of the fee. Some of the top schools also offer opportunities for financial aids, which will help you in arranging the finances.The Curriculum: Most schools these days have started to discourage specialization. Most of the programs available at business schools have started to focus on multi-specialization. Multi-specialization basically means that if you have opted for marketing management then you will get to study finance as well as human resource. The primary intention is to strengthen your educational qualification in such a way that you are able to enjoy a more fruitful career growth.
The Class Size: Most of the leading schools have small class sizes and this basically means that there is a high probability to get individualized attention. The student teacher ratio is less and this helps in better study and better understanding of the subject.
The Reputation: Last but not the least, the reputation of a business school matters. It is the reputation that distinguishes between top business schools and a standard business school. Reputation also brings in more corporate companies for campus interviews, which is great because you will have a job in your hand even before you complete your education.
The Placement Statistics: Placement is quite important. If you complete MBA from a business school and are still without a job then that would be complete waste of money. The fact is that top business schools ensure that you get a job placement through campus interviews in the final year of study itself. You need to always check the placement statistics of a business school before you apply.Here is a list of the 15 top business schools in the US:
1. Harvard University – Boston, MA
2. Stanford University – Stanford, CA
3. Northwestern University (Kellogg) – Evanston, IL
4. University of Pennsylvania (Wharton) – Philadelphia, PA
5. Massachusetts Institute of Technology (Sloan) – Cambridge, MA
6. University of Chicago (Booth) – Chicago, IL
7. University of California–Berkeley (Haas) – Berkeley, CA
8. Dartmouth College (Tuck) – Hanover, NH
9. Columbia University – New York, NY
10. Yale University – New Haven, CT
11. New York University (Stern) – New York, NY
12. Duke University (Fuqua) – Durham, NC
13. University of Michigan–Ann Arbor (Ross) – Ann Arbor, MI
14. University of California–Los Angeles (Anderson) – Los Angeles, CA
15. Carnegie Mellon University (Tepper) – Pittsburgh, PA